Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fitting the pieces together
How has my view on how I learn change?

I was a teacher for ten years. I did my diploma in education and masters. I found three learning styles and I categorized my self as a visual and auditory learner. And mostly I used books and notes given by the lecturers in my learning. I now have a new and deeper appreciation for the importance of the advantages of connectivism. I realize that my personal network is important in my learning process. I realized what a crucial foundation these resources are to my learning.

What have you learned about the various learning theories and learning styles over the past weeks that can further explain your own personal learning preferences? My preference of learning theory, at this point, may be personalized to how I learn. Piaget’s Cognitive Development theory sets a foundation for how I learn, especially with its focus on a learner’s repeated interaction and experimentation, to promote more logical ways of thinking (Ormrod class text). Now, as an adult learning, adjusting to the technology advancements of today’s society, the incorporation of technology to my new learning environments, Constructivism and Connectivism provide additional support and exploration of social connections and broadening of my personal learning environment by adding additional layers to how I am able to learn and master new information.

What role does technology play in my learning?Technologies largely refers to computer soft ware computer application that may incorporate the use of multimedia in an educational setting.The internet plays a major role in my learning. Many of the items in my learning network mind map are internet related and others are facilitated by internet technology. At home, we have a “family” desktop computer that we can use wirelessly anywhere in and around our home as well as via wi-fi when travelling. I use Google search to get to know about unknown or new things. And I also use face book in my learning. For learning, it is becoming commonplace to use online tutorials, videos, and classes such as this one. I stay connected to my personal networks through tools such as online professional societies, Linked In, Facebook, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment